Whether you're still in high school, have recently graduated, want to advance in your current profession, or are considering a career change, vocational schools in Canada offer a variety of educational options that may be suited to your individual interests, goals, and strengths.
Vocational and trade schools provide training in a range of fields that are vital to today's society. From health care to business to beauty to skilled trades—and everything in between—these schools can help you gain career-specific skills and knowledge related to a variety of occupations.
Vocational training is commonly defined as any training that is specific to a particular occupation. While an academic degree program from a college or university might prepare you to pursue a wide range of entry-level positions within a certain field such as business or IT, vocational training is intended to equip you with the defined competencies (and even certification or licensing) required to pursue a specific position—like hairstylist, construction electrician, or chef.
A vocational school is an institution that provides occupation-specific training, which can lead to an associate degree, diploma, certificate, or another similar credential.
Vocational and technical schools in Canada are either public or private institutions that provide career training programs, apprenticeship programs, and much more. These schools can be characterized by the fact that:
- The majority of training options fall into one of four main categories, which include construction, manufacturing, service, and transportation.
- Instructors are typically industry-experienced professionals who possess an understanding of the practical abilities and theories required to enter the specific area that they are teaching.
- Programs are developed with a strong focus on career readiness and generally contain significant hands-on training and opportunities for obtaining real-world experience.
As an international students, you might be eligible to work in Canada after graduating from designated vocational schools.
Contact us today for a free consultation and quote!
World Immigration Portal:
- Canada: 6565 Victoria Dr. Vancouver BC V5P 3X9
- Vietnam: 58 Dong Khoi, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City
- CA: +1 (778) 682-2664
- VI: +84 28 3521 0798